Sunday, June 30, 2019
Chiropractic Care Helps With More Than Bad Backs
When a person has hurt their back, they figure they can go to their regular medical doctor for pain medication or muscle relaxers or they can opt for a chiropractor who will manipulate their spine in order to offer relief. While this may be true, the treatment of bad backs is just one of many ailments that can be helped.
Chiropractic care is a type of therapy that considers pain or disease to be a symptom of a nervous system malfunction. The movement and manipulation of the spinal column will adjust the nerves' positioning among the bones in order to offer relief. Proper nerve energy can only flow when the skeletal system is in the correct positioning.
There are multitudes of maladies that have been treated successfully with chiropractic methods, including:
- Asthma is common and at times deadly. The breathing system is not functioning optimally and causes wheezing, coughing, inability to take deep breaths. Spinal manipulations have been shown to be helpful in reducing symptoms in asthmatic cases.
- Attention Deficit Disorder and Hyperactivity can cause upheaval in a child's school experience and an adult's life. Often treated with an array of prescription medicines that are sometimes helpful, but also cause additional aggravations to a family. Realignment has been shown to alleviate symptoms of ADD and ADHD.
- Headaches are a common physical ailment. Chronic headaches may be caused by misalignment which may be helped with spinal adjustments.
- Colic in infants has been soothed with chiropractic care. Colic often appears at age one month and continues for two to three months and consists of unexplained crying jags and gas pains.
- Ear infections, also called otitis media, often appear in combination with an upper respiratory infection. They can be quite painful and seem to occur most commonly during early childhood when the inner ear structures are still developing. Otitis media has been helped with by spinal adjustments.
- Various back and disc ailments can be alleviated by manipulating them back into their correct position.
Besides spinal realignments, whole body care is stressed in chiropractic medicine, including proactive steps such as a healthy diet consisting of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins along with proper exercise and posture.
Ergonomics, which is the science of furniture and devices which support healthy body mechanics in the workplace, is also an important lifestyle adaptation that one should consider in order to keep their body healthy and in alignment.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3060768